Friday, October 31, 2008

Thank you for Holloween?

So today for lunch Lilly prayed before we ate. One certain part of her prayer kind of made me squirm..."and thank you Jesus for Halloween. In Jesus name, Amen." I have to say that Halloween is my least favorite "holiday" and I do not look forward to it at all. Simply because of the history behind it, and all the pains people go to as in essence they are celebrating evil, evilness, and evil things I don't like participating (all the skeletons, dead people, witches, devils, scary things, etc.). Now we do not celebrate these things, but I know the meanings behind all the dressing up, etc. Lilly of course in all innocence was thankful for the fun things she gets to do like dressing up and going to the Fall Festival to Trunk or Treat. I am happy to let her do this, but at the same time, "I HATE HALLOWEEN!"

No comments: