Monday, October 27, 2008

So I decided since it has been so hot and "un-fall like", I had to change my blog background. The Fall background was cute, but just didn't translate on these 90 degree days!
Seeking to walk in the Spirit today moment by moment and also to teach the kids to do the same. We prayed the Fruit of the Spirit together this morning and I am trying to remind them of the fruit when they are "fighting" with each other or disagreeing. I am also trying to stay one step ahead of them so the three of us don't start barreling down the hill of frustration, anger and discouragement. Our wonderful God gives us the tools and the people around us to spur us on to good deeds. So I am stepping gingerly in the moments to be wise in what I do, how I act, react, and speak. Although in doing this, my warm breakfast is now cold as I have now stopped 5 times in the midst of eating it to be one step ahead of the kids, or to discipline them when needed. But I just need to give up my desire for hot food! I will take my kids warm hugs over hot breakfast....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

so true so true. Funny that we were both having similar thoughts this morning. see you this afternoon.