Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Go out Daddy" "Chill"

So tonight was the first night of Awana! Lilly is a Cubbie and Judah is a Puggle. So cute. As it is now 9 pm and the kids are in bed I did not get a chance to talk much out of her about her evening. I am anxious to look over the info. She is growing up to fast...upon seeing her Dad in the back of the room while the lesson was being taught she turned and whispered loudly, "go out Daddy!". Only three and already having a complex about her Dad. What is it going to be like when she is a teenager.
We enjoyed a break from the extreme heat today and the evening is finally cool. Monday was over a hundred at our house. We got to spend the afternoon up in the mountains where it was only 95 degrees. It was much nicer than 115! It felt like you were walking into a clothes dryer. I hung out clothes and they were dry in like a half hour!
Anyway, enough about the weather....I am needing to "chill". Getting a little "over-done" as I was baking impatience today. I was reminded of the verse in Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." My list of anxious things mounts when I let one thing, or feeling that is negative have its way. "...let your requests be made known to God". I don't think I came to that point until the day was ended. And now I am hungry for His peace and I could have been in His peace earlier if I had only stopped and made my requests known to Him. So now I will make my requests known to Him and rest in the safety of His peace on my heart and in my mind.

No comments: