Friday, August 31, 2007

Grass!

Do you ever miss getting diry and sweaty doing manuel labor? Well today I got a good dose of fun helping my parents put in their sod. Shad, Lilly, Judah and I spent the day helping my mom and Dad get a small lawn going at thier house. My Dad and Shad did most of the work, but I still managed to get covered in a layer of dirt and sweat as the temp was around 95. But because of the cloud cover and breeze it made it somewhat bearable and toward the afternoon it cooled down to 80. The kids absolutely love it and had a great time running and playing on it when they woke up from their naps. I love the smell of grass and fresh dirt. Maybe because when I was a kid, my job was to mow the lawn. And my little sis and I had our patch of earth that we were given to plant whatever flower we wanted, and take care of the pesky weeds. So fun, such neat memories.
"The grass whithers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

No comments: